Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2010

How Do Economic Conditions Affect Design?


My final outcome.
After I had researched my title further using the internet, I wrote up a simple mind map which I felt highlighted the main economic conditions which can and do affect designers and their work. The two more obvious aspects of this I felt were to do with money and the recession which I already know a fair bit about, so I did less research for these. I found looking at the psychological aspects extremely interesting as it is not something I would usually consider when talking about something like this. One website I was looking at referred to stress being the deadliest predator when related to business and output. After thinking about this for a while, I found myself unable to disagree with this statement. If someone has their mind on other things, is constantly worried and just plain unhappy then of course their work is going to suffer, and of course this will relate to design. Also, apparently it is far easier now than it ever has been to trade within the European Union, which means instant difficulty for any designer. Designers are having to work harder than ever to create the biggest and best ideas for their field of work in order to compete with competition from out with the UK. And then there's the problem of money. With businesses collapsing left right and centre the demand for design will be decreasing, not to mention jobs being lost. So how does a designer make any money anymore? Beats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment