Pages

Monday 3 January 2011

More books n' stuff

I received two fantastic books at Christmas this year, 'Vintage Fashion' and 'Banksy: Wall and Piece'.
Vintage Fashion shows how fashion has changed (or not changed) through the decades of the twentieth century. The front cover was the first thing which caught my eye as it is bound in a gorgeous silk fabric which was designed by Zandra Rhodes in 1971 (this is a limited edition though so not every one of these books are published with this cover - I'm just lucky to have this one!) which consists of a red background decorated with blue feathers and marks. The imagery within the book is astonishing and I found myself particularly taken with the 1950's era of fashion simply for the photography!

Banksy: Wall and Piece is a collection of his work from graffiti on walls to graffiti on bins. I have always been a great fan of Banksy's work and this book does not disappoint. It definitely shows how talented an artist Banksy is. He also pokes fun at the police with the quote on the back of the book:
"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover"
Metropolitan Police Spokesperson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment