Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Trip to Glasgow

This weekend I visited the Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery in Glasgow, and although I have been there a number of times before I always look forward to seeing the amazing displays. The main attraction for me has to be the astoundingly beautiful Crucifixion by the infamous Salvador Dali. I have always been a great fan of Dali's and to see one of his paintings in the flesh is a pleasure. I have probably viewed the painting around 6 or 7 times now, but it never fails to impress me. I truly believe that it takes genuine talent to produce a painting which can cause even the most sceptical of non-religious people to feel really moved when looking at it. I personally do not hold any religious inclination yet I have to admit that there is something mesmerizing about this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment