Pages

Thursday 14 April 2011

Exit Through the Gift Shop

My sister got me some fantastic gifts for my birthday this year, one of which being the Banksy directed short film 'Exit Through the Gift Shop'. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from the film but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is about a French shop owner named Thierry Guetta who becomes obsessed with filming street artists whilst claiming to be making a documentary, such as Shephard Fairey and Invader. He then makes it his ambition to find the infamous Banksy and film him at work.
The film basically concentrates on how this man got himself involved in the street art industry although he had no real talent of his own. Banksy describes it as , "Basically the story of how one man set out to film the un-filmable. And failed."
Well worth a watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment