Pages

Thursday 24 February 2011

Oh my...

I've been looking for some inspiration online in reference to knitwear designers and stumbled across a website dedicated to 'Jemma Sykes', an RCA graduate who has designed for the likes of Givenchy and Julien MacDonald. She has also had her designs displayed in the windows of Harrods and Selfridges London. These are some huge names to have your work associated with, so I looked at some of her work to see what all the fuss was about.



I can safely say that her work is deserved of all the critical acclaim and publicity it had received. This dress is called 'The Elizabeth' and was entirely hand-knitted (in 100% organic wool) by Jemma Sykes. Now that's impressive. It was made for the ethical fashion label 'Butcher Couture', and was displayed in Harrods until it was auctioned off at a breast cancer charity event.
Sykes' designs are very exciting as they are innovative and at times ridiculously intricate! I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for any updates in her career.

No comments:

Post a Comment